Thursday, August 25, 2011

A New Chapter

A little about me ;
I'm turning 53 this August and have some health issues and  have heard so much about healing yourself with food that I'm going to give it my best shot . I have never been a Vegetarian or Vegan before and I'm going to crawl before I can walk and fall along the way but I hope with info and support someday I can get where I want to be.

My crappy health issues;

Fibro
Ulcerative Colitis
IBS
Hashimotos Thyroiditis

What I want to achieve is a healthier me with less pain and more energy and this is my plan;
To remove wheat products "gluten free" this is supposed to help with the pain of fibro that I've
suffered with for 20yrs ( No doctor has helped or even suggested that I change my diet)

Eliminate Dairy and Meat ...well except for a little Romano ( for now anyway ) This will greatly improve my "digestive problems" and greatly reduce my chances for a Bi Pass !

This one is hard.. NO SUGAR! I am your typical junkie.
I'm using Stevia and some natural sugars.

Exersize > this will be done in baby steps because of my pain and hopefully will be able to improve in increments.

This is my journey into finding a healthy life with less pain and maybe drop some unwanted pounds* 

A special shout out to my daughter Alicia (http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/) who gave me the inspiration and information to get me on my way.


I hope to hear from some of you that can share and give support :)

Donna

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Alicia sent me over here! My name is Aleks and I look forward to reading your blog. I have quite a few of the same issues. I have fibro and hashi's, both which went undiagnosed for YEARS so they wrecked havoc on my body and mind. I also didn't find out I had celiac disease until I was 22 so adopting a gluten free diet late in life was a bit of a challenge at first but once you learn the ins and outs it becomes easier.

    Are you doing full gluten-free (wheat, oat, barley, rye, and malt) or just wheat-free? I've noticed a lot of fibro friends can get away with just wheat-free, though they don't have celiac disease on top of it like I do though once you get started going full gluten-free seems to fall into place. Another great thing with fibro/gluten-free along with the less pain, I get less brain-fog when I stay gluten-free and I have more energy.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete